Pythagoras Academy introduced a Grade 7 Scholarship Program in 2021/22, and we will continue this program in the 2022/23 school year. To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must currently be in grade 6 in the school year of 2021/2022 and submit their middle level SSAT score to Pythagoras Academy. You can register for the SSAT exam on their website: https://www.ssat.org/testing/about-the-test and take the exam at home. Successful candidates will be granted a $5,000 to $10,000 tuition scholarship, provided by Pythagoras Academy.
Please review the Pythagoras Academy’s school website to learn more about our programs: www.pythagorasacademy.ca. You can contact the school office if you are interested in this scholarship.
Get to know PA Scholarship
- Scholarship amount: $5,000 – $10,000
- Scholarships available: 3-10
- Method of distribution: Deducted from tuition for the 2022-2023 school year
- Application Deadline: April 15th, 2022
- Applicant Eligibility:
- Local grade 6 students with at least one parent being a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
- Received a mid level SSAT score.
Evaluation Criteria for scholarship score (weighted out of 100%):
- SSAT Score (70%)
- SSAT Writing Session (10%)
- School report card(s) from the previous years (10%)
- Special Skills or Awards (10%)
The PA Scholarship Committee judges will grade the applicants by combining the above evaluation criteria, to provide a final scholarship score to the applicant. The 3-10 applicants (minimum 3 applicants, maximum 10 applicants, to be confirmed after reviewing applications in May) with the highest scores will be chosen for a final remote interview. $300 will be collected for the remote interview. After passing the interview, chosen applicants will receive the scholarship with their offer of admission. Applicants will need to accept the offer and pay the remaining grade 7 tuition fees within 10 calendar days. If not, the scholarship will be given to the applicant with the next highest score. Please check this page for the tuition fee schedules for 2021-2022 as a reference. The 2022-2023 tuition fee schedules will be available on this page in February 2022.
- Step 1: Fill out the online scholarship application form by April 15th, 2022.
- Step 2: Share the SSAT score with Pythagoras Academy and email previous report cards to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 15th, 2022.
- Step 3: We will send out interview notices starting March 1st, 2022. $300 application fee needs to be paid for the interview.
- Step 4: You will receive the scholarship with an offer after passing the interview. The offer is valid for 10 days.
- Step 5: We will announce the final list of scholarship winners in April, 2022.