Pythagoras Academy introduced a Grade 7 Scholarship Program in 2021/22, and we will continue this program in the 2023/24 school year. To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must currently be in grade 6 in the school year of 2022/2023 and submit their middle-level SSAT score to Pythagoras Academy. You can register for the SSAT exam on their website: https://www.ssat.org/testing/about-the-test and take the exam at home. Successful candidates will be granted a $5,000 tuition scholarship, provided by Pythagoras Academy to two shortlisted applicants.
Please review the Pythagoras Academy’s school website to learn more about our programs: www.pythagorasacademy.ca. You can contact the school office if you are interested in this scholarship.
Get to know PA Scholarship
- Scholarship amount: $5,000
- Scholarships available: 2
- Method of distribution: Deducted from tuition for the 2023-2024 school year
- Application Deadline: June 9th, 2023
- Applicant Eligibility:
- Local grade 6 students with at least one parent being a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
- Received a mid-level SSAT score.
- Full tuition for 2023-2024 is required.
Evaluation Criteria for scholarship score (weighted out of 100%):
- SSAT Score (70%)
- SSAT Writing Session (10%)
- School report card(s) from the previous years (10%)
- Special Skills or Awards (10%)
The PA Scholarship Committee judges will grade the applicants by combining the above evaluation criteria, to provide a final scholarship score to the applicant. The 2 applicants with the highest scores may be chosen for a final interview. $300 will be collected for the interview for the new students. After passing the interview if applicable, chosen applicants will receive the scholarship with their offer of admission. New Applicants will need to accept the offer and pay the remaining grade 7 tuition fees within 10 calendar days. If not, the scholarship will be given to the applicant with the next highest score. Please check this page for the tuition fee schedules for 2023-2024 as a reference.
- Step 1: Fill out the online scholarship application form by June 9th, 2023.
- Step 2: Share the SSAT score with Pythagoras Academy and email previous report cards to email@example.com by June 9th, 2023.
- Step 3: We may send out interview notices starting June 13th, 2023. A $300 application fee needs to be paid for the interview if you are a new student.
- Step 4: You will receive the scholarship with an offer after passing the interview.
- Step 5: We will announce the final list of scholarship winners in September 2023.